Previous proposalApplying Lambda Architecture in Machine Learning realm
Next proposalMachine Learning using Orange - It's Fruitful and Fun!
Using Operations Research and Analytics to Propel the E-commerce Industry
With advancements in technology and growing number of consumers, there is a hike in supply and demand in e-commerce industry that needs to be taken care of within a specified time. At ORMAE we develop Operations Research(OR) and Machine Learning(ML) solutions for our clients helping them optimize their operations and take complex business decisions. Mathematical Optimization has been a proven and well-established domain of applied mathematics that has helped industries across the world to save billions of dollars to make better decisions. OR has many applications in the e-commerce industry and the supply chain related to it. It is therefore important to project these applications to large number of people.
This talk will focus on different Optimization/Analytics methodologies that can be beneficial to e-commerce industry, and thus emphasize the importance of Optimization and Analytics to the community. The problems related to industry can briefly be classified in three domains, viz. strategic, tactical and operational. In the following talk I will,
- Discuss about Optimization Research and their applications in the e-commerce industry.
- Present Critical Decision-Making Problems
- Present Strategic Decision-Making Problems
- Discuss different techniques involved in Operations Research/Analytics
- Give a brief introduction to all these problems and talk in depth about one of the problems I have worked on.
I. Optimization of Locker Boxes & their Locations
II. Pallet Optimizer
III. Frequency Routing & Mode Estimation
IV. Logistics - Vendor Bid Selection Tool (Demonstration)
• Guinness world record holder in mathematics, represented India in many international mental calculation championships • Founder and Chief Scientist at ORMAE with M.S. and Ph.D. in Operations Research. • Possess more than decade of Industry experience at Amazon, Genesys, Progressive Insurance, Penske and 5 years of Research and Teaching experience in USA. • Appeared in more than 15 newspaper articles for his achievements. Has done math shows at UAE, Mauritius & India organized by companies, Universities and UNESCO. • Industry Domain: Transportation (Trucking, Shipping, Aviation), e-Commerce, Automotive, Supply Chain, Call Center and Telecom, Banking and Insurance, HealthCare and Pharmaceutical, Tourism and Hospitality • Areas of Expertise: Logistics Planning, Location Planning, Inventory Planning, Workforce Planning & Scheduling, Network Optimization, Machinery/Equipment Optimization, Demand Forecasting, Pricing Optimization • Operations Research & Analytics tools Expertise: Mathematical Modeling (NLP, LP, MIP), Constraint Programming, Branch and Bound Algorithm, Heuristic Algorithms, Meta-Heuristics, Forecasting Techniques.