arrow_back Search Infrastructure @ Slack using Lambda Architecture
Working with Apache Spark in Eta
Submitted by Jyothsna Srinivas (@jyothsnasrinivas) on Sunday, 16 April 2017
Section: Full talk for data engineering track Technical level: Intermediate
Eta is a high-level, purely functional programming language and also the newest member to the JVM world. It has been gaining traction as an alternative to Scala for solving Big Data problems. In this talk, I would like to discuss why Eta is ideal for writing Apache Spark jobs by considering the following aspects:
2) Elegant EDSLs (Embedded Domain Specific Languages)
3) Interoperates with Java ecosystem
4) Ideal for concurrent, parallel, and distributed systems.
The talk will mainly cover the following topics:
1) Introduction to pure functional programming
2) Why Eta?
3) Why Eta for Spark?
4) EDSL for Spark in Eta
5) Demo a Apache Spark jobs written in Eta
Jyothsna is the CEO and Co-founder of TypeLead. TypeLead is the company behind Eta programming language.
She is also one of the major committers to the Eta project.