arrow_back Democratising Data in the Microservices World
Gen Z BI Paradigm - A Scalable , hybrid and collaborative Visualization Architecture using Spark , No SQL and Restful API
Submitted by Deepikavalli A (@deepikavalli) on Saturday, 10 June 2017
Crisp talk for data engineering track
The Business Intelligence (BI) landscape is constantly in a state of flux – there is a need for constant growth in order to cope with the exponential changes in the data and analytics space.
In today’s world, everything is measured, and everything is interconnected. This has triggered our common goal to collate varied sources of information in different formats and make it available anywhere, anytime but in the right format with rich visualization.
This poses some intriguing questions:
1. How do you plug and play with varied sources and diverse formats of data?
2. What would form a centralized architecture routing real-time information ?
3. How would you build this robust platform / infrastructure with reduced latency?
This is what I’m going to address in my talk.
This Gen Z BI Paradigm would be a state-of-the-art framework, with customized, interactive , rich visualization integrated with competitive analytics, Natural Language Processing, social media Sentiment Analysis, online news feeds building a collaborative BI framework that is accessible on all devices, whether on the web or mobile.
In this talk, we will cover:
• Next Gen BI • Our Project
• Scalable , hybrid Architecture using Spark , No SQL and Restful API • Integration of National Language Processing , Social Media and Sentiment Analysis • Future Bet - A personalized chatbot (conversational UI) using NLP and Machine Learning.
Deepika is a seasoned IT engineer with a demonstrated history of working with data technologies. She is passionate about data and skilled in MicroStrategy, Tableau, Qlikview, Teradata and related Big Data technologies. She has done her Masters in Systems Software from BITS, Pilani and her Bachelor of Engineering, focused in Computer Science from College of Engineering, Guindy.
With 10 years of extensive experience in BI and related technologies, Deepika has seen the crux of the evolving BI vision, spanning across progressive generations, aiming to be the torch bearer for data democratization imbibing cutting edge technologies. Deepika is uniquely qualified to present this topic, with her experiential research and practically proven insights enabling her to communicate a new perspective with clear reasoning.