Open Data Aero - An opportunity for the Airline Industry
- Participants will get to know data’s perspective on airline industry.
- Participants can understand & appreciate the power of BigData
- Participants will be exposed to the idea of open data - making data open for research & improving businesses
- Participants can look into possibilities of implementing the approach into their business stream
- Participants can work out methods to convert raw data into business intelligence.
The session will be on how airline industry is embracing BigData & how they are leveraging its potential to grow their business. Industries today are looking at IT as an option to stabilize & automate their business. But the process of including IT into your work involves lot of cost & time. Unless there is a mechanism through which investments in the form of cost & time is translated into renveue, industries are at loss.
In today’s fast moving world, all organizations are expected to embrace “Customer First” mantra to stay clear & ahead of all competitions and emerge successful. Embracing such an abstract initiative needs a lot of research & data backing which will help organizations to arrive at a decision on how to proceed with customer service.
In order to provide a monetary value to industries, and to help businesses attain heights of “customer first”, we adopt BigData as an option to make sure that businesses don’t miss any prospective area which generates revenue. Prospective areas could be in terms of the return on investment generated by IT or revenue generated through enhanced customer experience.
The session thus puts in foucs how BigData can be used to arrive at business decisions & generate revenue
Adethya Sudarsanan is involved with a not-for-profit organization as a Director, which Conducts Research And Provides Consultancy In Areas Such As Public Policy, Strategy, Law, Management, Economics And Information Technology.
Awards & Accolades
• He is the recipient of the most prestigious, highest civilian scout award in India – The Rashtrapathi Scout Award from His Excellency Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, the Honorable former President of India in 2007
• He is also the recipient of the highest scout award in a state in India – The Rajyapuraskar Scout Award from His Excellency Mr. P.S. Ram Mohan Rao, the Honorable Governor of Tamil Nadu in 2006
Speaker at International Events
His interests are conducting research on technical & business aspects of the IT industry. He has participated as speaker in the following conferences
• International Conference on Marketing – MARCON 2010, Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta, India, presented a paper on “IT and Marketing”
• International Conference on “Doing Business in India – Challenges and Opportunities”, IFIM Business School, Bangalore, India, presented a paper on “IT and Marketing”
• National Level Symposium on Computer Science – Panimalar Engineering College, Anna University, Chennai, presented a paper on “Bio-Metrics”
• ISTE (Indian Society of Technical Education) conference – Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Tamil Nadu, India, presented a paper on “Bio-Metrics”
• SofTec 2011, a conference on Software Testing organized by Silicon India.
• Case Study on Schneider National Inc., Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA.
• “Improving Wikipedia’s presence in the internet” – a research study – Invited Speaker at the Wikimedia India Conference, Mumbai, India.
• International Workshop on Cloud Computing – Services & Architecture, New Delhi, India
• National Conference on Technology, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, India
“Open Data for Non Profits”, Invited speaker at the Open Data Camp 2013 at Bangalore, India
Association with Wikipedia
Adethya is an active Wikipedian, contributing to the noble cause of free knowledge and access to information. His contributions to the cause includes, but not limited to the following -
1. Editing articles on Wikipedia to enrich the already available content online.
2. Engage in writing new articles which will help people refer the articles and spread the word of free knowledge.
3. Contribute photos to Wikimedia Commons – an open photo sharing site focused on copyright free images.
Volunteering Activities – PMI – Project Management Institute
An active volunteer with PMI as “Subject Matter Expert Submission Reviewer for EMEA 2013 Global Congress”
Volunteering Activities – Team Everest
An active volunteer in Team Everest – an organization based out of Chennai, Tamil Nadu which focuses on bringing about a change in the lives of thousands of young children and senior citizens.
In addition to Team Everest, his volunteering is extended to ServeIndia – an initiative by Team Everest organization.
Volunteering Activities – Cognizant Outreach
An active participant and volunteer in Cognizant Outreach – a CSR initiative by Cognizant.
Volunteered for projects in schools, old age homes, orphanages.
Works with the team that imparts quality education on computers and internet to underprivileged students.
Volunteer Activities – Wikipedia
Adethya actively participates in volunteering as a part of his Wikipedia service.
He is involved in fact finding activity on a famous personality, whose information on Wikipedia was disputed as factually wrong and citation-less.
Post the fact finding activity, was involved in updating the necessary pages of the personality & uploaded all proofs to Wikimedia Commons.
Recruitment Activities - Wikipedia
He is also a member of the recruitment committee, representing the community on Wikipedia, which hires workforce for Wikipedia sponsored project/initiatives.
With his volunteering and as an avid traveler, he has travelled far and wide, to reach the needy masses and understand their lives in India.
He has published his works in the following Journals
• FOUCS – International Journal of Management
• IJCCSA - International Journal on Cloud Computing: Services and Architecture