arrow_back Big Data, Real-time Processing and Storm
Unlocking the Potential of Data for Everyday Developers and Product Managers
Submitted by Karthik Kastury (@karthikdot) on Thursday, 28 March 2013
Analytics and Visualization
Developers love writing code, and shipping new features. Product Managers love observing customer behaviours and taking product decisions!
What if you could marry the two, and give developers and product managers insights that could make their product more reliable, faster, and provides great user experiences!
An introduction to instrumenting the application on both the client and server for better visibility into the application behaviour in production environments, and exploring the various tools that enable you to build cheap/reliable monitoring into your application.
The Talk will touch some of the following areas :
- Why analyse everything?
- Introduction to Etsy' StatsD (https://github.com/etsy/statsd) and Graphite.
- Instrumenting Applications, and what to Instrument and what not to Instrument.
- Real time vs Delayed Analytics.
- Visualisation of the Collected Metrics, and exploring a few opensource and commercial visualisation solutions.
- Unlocking the Potential of Data. Use Cases and Success Stories.
Just be there! And think thru what can they measure in their Applications when they are listening thru the talk!
I'm the Performance Guy at PayPal India(eBay Inc.), building Performance as a key attribute into the Next Generation of PayPal's presence on the Web.
In my free time I dabble with Web Frameworks, researching on the various things that go into making applications fast and responsive.
Previously Spoke at MetaRefresh 2012 on Building High Performance Web Applications.
I also occasionally blog at http://karthik.kastury.in/