Gradle Hacks for Android
Submitted by Aviral Dasgupta (@aviraldg) on Wednesday, 10 August 2016
Section: Full talk (40 minutes) Technical level: Intermediate
Gradle is an often-ignored, but important part of Android development. In this talk, targeted at most practicing Android developers, I’ll highlight a few specific, great ways in which they can use Gradle to enhance their productivity, declutter their projects and enhance their build and deploy processes.
- Quick Gradle refresher
- Automating common tasks with Gradle scripts
- Automatic deployments with Gradle (and the gradle-play-publisher plugin)
- Writing a simple Gradle plugin
- Writing a Gradle plugin for code modification/generation
- Publishing an Android library or Gradle plugin
- Basic knowledege of Android development
- Some knowledge about Gradle
I’m a full stack developer and I’ve been consulting for startups for the past 5-6 years. I love open-source software and culture and have contributed to a couple of open-source Android projects, including various OpenIntents applications and the Vector.im client. A two-time Google Code-in Grand Prize Winner, I am currently the lead developer at Sizzle Labs Pvt. Ltd and am working with Matrix.org as a Google Summer of Code student.