arrow_back Say hello to Android in C# using Xamarin
Delightful User Experience arrow_forward
New Material design patterns
Submitted by Soham Mondal (@soham) on Friday, 14 November 2014
Section: UI - full talks Technical level: Intermediate
To cover the new material design patterns introduced in Android L and understand how to implement those patterns in your app.
This talked is aimed at intermediate android designers and developers who have a) worked on android/web before b) want to understand more about material design/updagrade their apps to material design.
Highlight of the talk
1. Quick introduction to Material Design
2. Concepts of “Material”, “Bold, graphic and intentional” and “Authentic motion”
3. The new elements in android L and how they are different from kitkat etc
4. Sample code to create those elements
5. Play store/Github samples to understand the concepts
I am the founder of a mobile startup Triveous and the creator of the android app Skyro. The app has been featured on the play store earlier this year.
I am also an organizer with Blrdroid and an active member of the android community. I tweet as @s0h4m and blog on soham.cc. I have spoken in two previous editions of Droidcon India and have been part of the program committee in 2013 and 204.