Previous proposalPanel: Structuring teams and organizations in FinTech
Next proposalRegulation for innovation
UPI - looking back and future roadmap
This is a proposal requesting for someone to speak on this topic. If you’d like to speak, leave a comment.
UPI has seen a rapid growth and the adoption is only going to increase over the next year. If you’re building apps and services on top of UPI, there are a lot of unanswered questions. This Birds of a Feather session aims to provide a discussion space for all stakeholders in the UPI platform to come together and discuss the pain points, quirks and what lies ahead for UPI.
Topics for discussion
- Overview of operational experience in last 18 months - For NPCI, Banks, PSP, startups, users. Hits & Misses.
- Growth drivers – P2P surge, Bank vs Non bank PSP / Big tech vs startups PSP, cashbacks. Sustainability.
- Merchant payments - Bharat QR & MDR Cashback - What else UPI needs to improve merchant payment footprint.
- Role of payment banks, wallets and interoperability in UPI. Is it too crowded market?
- What is preventing innovative use cases on UPI? Reimaging EMIs and recurring payments with eMandates
- Grievance redressal & privacy - Where does UPI stand?
Moderator: Arundathi Ramanathan
- Rahul Chari (PhonePe) - TBD