B2B payments in India - Are we all in the credit business?
Submitted by Bhasker Kode (@bhaskerkode) on Wednesday, 27 July 2016
With late payments being the norm & other macro-econonomic factors in India - Are most companies in the credit business? A talk about pre-paid, post-paid, and everything in between for businesses that depend on payments from other startups/businesses - to survive and thrive.
- Industry specific trends wrt late payments.
- Default Rates, Arbitrage & worst-case scenarios
- Bounces, Chargebacks, ECS penalties, Defaults, Risk, Compliance & Arbitrage
- How can you structure advance payments & security deposits to help your biz cash flow?
- Late fees vs interest vs marketing budget vs chargeback & other accounting tricks
- Loan vs credit vs factoring vs refundable deposits
- NEFT vs cheque vs PG Flat transaction fees vs wallet
- SaaS recurring payments for customers in India
- Primer on Pre-Paid Vs Debit Vs Credit & Wallets
- How do consulting companies structure payments?
- How do marketplaces structure payments?
- How do telecom companies manage post-paid bills?
- How do banks & NBFC’s structure loans?
- Cashless India
Happy to hear your own anecdotes - and share notes privately or to be in included in the deck.
Tech, Product, Sales @ Technology startups for 10 years. 2x entrepreneur at stealth.